ITU Geomatics Engineering Undergraduate Program:
Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET,
The mission of the Geomatics Engineering Department of ITU is;
to educate leading engineers and scientists who
have a culture to work together,
have respect for the people,
understand the recent development and use it,
adopt the professional development,
are creative, and take on responsibility
to produce professional knowledge to meet the needs of stakeholders and society,
to continue to be the center of development of geomatics.
The methods toward achieving the mission are:
an intensive cooperation with national and international professional organizations
a healthy, sustainable dialog infrastructure between related parties: students, academic members, alumni and employers
continued development of the educational program
improvement in technical and physical infrastructure
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Istanbul Technical University Geomatics Engineering Program are expected to attain within a few years of graduation;
1. Competent and serve at high level theoretical and practical knowledge of subjects for Geomatics Engineering and participate in or lead Geomatics Engineering project design and/or application
2. Serve in a Geomatics Engineering leadership
position demonstrating the application of life-long learning,
3. Convey professional knowledge in oral and written forms,
4. Lead and/or be a productive member of teams and demonstrate the ability to work individually,
5. Apply ethical principles and professional responsibilities in productions and services.
All graduates of the Geomatics Engineering program have:
1. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
2. An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions
that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
3. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of
4. An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental,
and societal contexts.
5. An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
6. An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
7. An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge
as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.